- Muni BB
- - MuniBB Notes
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Alaska Statutes Sec. 11.46.200. Theft of services.
(a) A person commits theft of services if. (3) the person obtains the use of computer time, a computer system, a computer program, a computer network, or any part of a computer system or network, with reckless disregard that the use by that person is unauthorized .
Sec. 11.46.484. Criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the fourth degree if, having no right to do so or any reasonable ground to believe the person has such a right. (3) the person knowingly accesses a computer, computer system, computer program, computer network, or part of a computer system or network;
Sec. 11.46.740. Criminal use of computer.
(a) A person commits the offense of criminal use of a computer if, having no right to do so or any reasonable ground to believe the person has such a right, the person knowingly accesses, causes to be accessed, or exceeds the person's authorized access to a computer, computer system, computer program, computer network, or any part of a computer system or network, and, as a result of or in the course of that access,
(1) obtains information concerning a person;
(2) introduces false information into a computer, computer system, computer program, or computer network with the intent to damage or enhance the data record or the financial reputation of a person;
(3) introduces false information into a computer, computer system, computer program, or computer network and, with criminal negligence, damages or enhances the data record or the financial reputation of a person;
(4) obtains proprietary information of another person;
(5) obtains information that is only available to the public for a fee;
(6) introduces instructions, a computer program, or other information that tampers with, disrupts, disables, or destroys a computer, computer system, computer program, computer network, or any part of a computer system or network; or
(7) encrypts or decrypts data.
(b) In this section, "proprietary information" means scientific, technical, or commercial information, including a design, process, procedure, customer list, supplier list, or customer records that the holder of the information has not made available to the public.
(c) Criminal use of a computer is a class C felony.
Another guy who sitting outside a library and using a public open network after library hours so that he could play World of Warcraft was charged.
Gamer Busted For After Hours WiFi Leeching, DSLReports.com Feb 26 2007 Wellner, Andrew. " Using free wireless at library described as theft ", Anchorage Daily News , 2007 - 02-24 . "Man Busted for After-hours Library Wireless Use Won't Be Charged with Theft ", Library Journal , 2007 - 03-12 .
GCI is deploying a VoIP Switched Circuit hybrid service in Anchorage. Balancing Responsibilities and Rights: A Regulatory Model for Facilities-Based VoIP Competition An NCTA Policy Paper February 2004